Testing & approving new product hardware and software, before handing over to the Product Test Manager.
A key part of this role will be the focus on the testing of mobile applications through the development lifecycle and at final stage pre-release alongside the Product Test Manager.
* Take responsibility for all phases of testing within a development project, being the teams lead on mobile applications. Takes responsibility for the approval of a new product before handing the product over to the Product Test Manager for final sign off.
* To make sure that all tests are covered and recorded, following the dedicated product test plan.
* To support both internal and external product field trial test sites when required.
* To make sure that all testing is carried out against the Product's Statement of Requirements (SoR) and Technical specification.
* To proof read Product Technical Documentation and report any technical errors back to the Author.
* To maintain an awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analysed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed.
* Ensure that all product test issues and bugs are logged on the Product Test bug logging system.
* Any other task or duty, which may be requested to do by your Manager or Director.
Experience of developing and writing native, cross platform mobile applications
* Electrical / Electronic training and or experience.
* An ability to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
* Understanding of mobile applications, technology and installation with this being a key part of the position.
* Respond to requests from Product Test Manager and R&D Director as required.
* Competent with the safe operation of powered tools.
* Ability to work in a team or independently.
* Ability to use industry standard test equipment.
* Familiar with Microsoft Office.
* Full-UK Driving license required for offsite support work